Welcome to the shiny beacon of love and romance that is Sydney’s iconic harbour-side. It’s a cosmopolitan city with dazzling views, breathtaking landmarks and a myriad of gourmet experiences. It’s all perfect for Valentine’s Day, but where do you start?
This February 14, why not combine romance with waterfront dining at one of Sydney’s most fashionable food precincts: King Street Wharf. From flirty cocktails to perfect-for-a-proposal settings, here are our top 5 romantic places for couples and would-be couples:
- Spell love the Italian way with 4-courses of “Amore” at Casa Ristorante Italiano. Enjoy an indulgent meal followed by a romantic walk along the waterfront under a moonlit sky. Dinner is $90 per person with bookings essential.
- View ‘la vie en Rose‘ like the French chanteuse, Edith Piaf. Toast to amour with a glass of Chandon’s Sparkling Rose and a romantic 3-course dinner for just $65 per person at Bungalow 8.
- If tender, juicy, blushing pink is perhaps what rocks your boat, enjoy a gorgeous piece of rib eye, fillet mignon or wagyu beef at a romantic dinner for two at Steersons Steakhouse. Dinner is just $99 per person.
- Make your special plus one feel extra special with a glass of sparkling upon arrival. Add a matching red rose, four courses and a special gift to make it a perfect night. All at Meat District Co for just $65 per person.
- If you’re single and ready to mingle, Cargo Bar is hosting a singles event from 6pm till late, urging you not to bring a date! $10 will cover your entry plus 3 free drinks at the ‘Kiss Off Singles Party’. Oh-la-la, indeed! Reservations are a must.
Why wait until the next season of The Bachelor for a rose ceremony when King Street Wharf guarantees you a very romantic setting this Valentine’s Day?