Known as the race that stops the nation every November, the Melbourne Cup is your chance to frock up, and have a flutter. And King Street Wharf is the place to be this year!
We’ll have a TAB van parked on the wharf, lucky door prizes plenty of sit-down luncheons and cocktail parties PLUS a photo competition for the sultry Phillies and studs parading down the promenade – our nine-wharf long catwalk.
Come rain or shine, Cup Day is gearing up to be a fun-filled affair at King Street Wharf!
On the boardwalk
Whether you’re ducking out of the office to place a bet, or stepping out in style for lunch at one of our 12 restaurants, you won’t have to go far to place your bets thanks to the 11m long TAB van that will be on the wharf in between Strike Bowling and George’s Mediterranean.
Sit down or stand-up?
With so many Melbourne Cup dining and drinks packages available at each of the waterfront restaurants at King Street Wharf, you may need to pick one for the formal lunch and another for the after-party!
If you’re looking for more of a formal sit-down luncheon, why not consider the following?
- A four-course Italian extravaganza at Casa Ristorante Italiano for $79 per person.
- Champagne and three-courses at your favourite steakhouse, Steersons, for $99 per person.
- Two-Course lunch and a fun atmosphere at All Hands Brewing House for $60 per person.
- Fine dining at The Malaya and Manjits Wharf with plenty of spice to go along with your sweepstakes.
If you’re after more of a cocktail party, then look no further!
- A 2-hour drink package upstairs at Cargo is $99 per person.
- At Nick’s Bar & Grill, it’s all about fresh seafood, drinks, and Drag Queens, all for $75 per person.
- Canapés and drinks packages at Meat District Co will set you back $85 per person.
Strut your stuff!
King Street Wharf is your catwalk on Melbourne Cup day, make sure you snap a selfie with us for your chance to win prizes!
That’s right, you’ll find our photo-booth located next to the TAB van, show us your best angle and share your photo with us and you could win one of ten prizes up for grabs. Will you be our Stud of the Day or the Dark Horse*?
*Prizes to be confirmed.