Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry.
2. Promoter is King Street Wharf c/- Twentieth Letter, Studio 3, 53-59 Great Buckingham St, Redfern, NSW 2016.
3. Entry into the King Street Wharf Melbourne Cup Facebook Promotion shall be deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. Entry is open to all Australian residents over the age of 18. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, its related entities, and other agencies associated with the King Street Wharf Melbourne Cup Facebook Promotion are ineligible to enter.
5. The promotion runs from 09.00AM AEST 7 November 2017 to 05.00PM AEST 14 November 2017. No entries outside the Promotional Period will be considered.
6. This is a game of skill and judged on 50% creativity and 50% written expression.
Entry into King Street Wharf Melbourne Cup Facebook Promotion
7. To be eligible to enter the promotion, during the Promotional Period individuals must:
- An entrant must take a photo of their Melbourne Cup experience at King Street Wharf and post it on Instagram
- The entrants must tag the promotion using the following hashtags
- #KingStWharf or #KingStreetWharf
- Entrants may enter multiple times
- Photos should clearly represent their King Street Wharf Melbourne Cup experience
8. The Promoter reserves the right to remove and disqualify any lude or inappropriate photos
9. The Promoter may disqualify any individual whom the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these terms and conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct which places the fair and proper conduct of the competition at risk.
10. The Promoter is not responsible for any communications network failure or any lost, late, delayed, ineligible or incomplete registration, however this may happen.
11. By entering into this promotion, the winner agrees to participate in promotional activities regarding winning the prize which may include but is not limited to publication of their photo together with their first name and suburb; and an announcement on the website.
12. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
Details of Prizes
13. There will be five (5) dinner for two people to be awarded as a part of this promotion.
14. The dinner for two prizes will be provided as a single visa gift card to the value of $100.
15. Total prize value of one visa gift card (1) is $100 and therefore the total prize pool is valued up to $500.
16. The prize is one (1) visa gift card per winner.
17. The prize must be used at one of the thirteen King Street Wharf restaurant venues.
18. Each winner will be able to choose their restaurant of choice to use the voucher for dinner.
19. The gift card will be available for pick up at their restaurant of choice.
20. Prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
Details of Determining and Contacting the Winner
21. The recipients will receive their Dinner for Two gift card at their restaurant of choice.
22. This is a game of skill and judged on 50% creativity and 50% written expression.
23. Terms and conditions also available on kingstreetwharf.com.au.
24. The competition will be drawn on or before 11.00am, Thursday 16 November 2017 AEST.
25. Winners will be notified via social media by 3:00pm, Friday 17 November 2017 AEST.
26. The winner must redeem their prize by sending us a private message with their contact details before 5:00pm Tuesday 21 November 2017 AEST
27. If a winner declines the offer, or objects to any part of the gift, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the offer.
28. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage or for personal injury suffered or sustained by the taking of the prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
29. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
30. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including Loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
(f) use of a prize.
33. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
34. All entries become the property of the Promoter who may wish to use photos, images and written words in marketing communications.
35. Entry and continued participation in the promotion is dependent on entrants following and acting in accordance with the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, which can be viewed at www.facebook.com/terms.php.